Finance / Office Assistant
Censo Biotechnologies Ltd is looking to employ a Part time Finance/Office assistant to undertake an exciting and challenging role within our finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the main function of the role will be to provide administrative support to the finance team and to the Office Manager.
Based at Pentlands Science Park, Censo Biotechnologies Ltd is a leader in the generation, banking and testing of induced pluripotent stem cell lines (iPSCs), their differentiation into many cell types and their use in drug discovery and development. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding biotech company in the stem cell field.
The primary responsibilities of the post holder are:
- Matching invoices to purchase orders on our procurement platform.
- Coding purchase ledger invoices for posting.
- Posting purchase ledger invoices.
- Processing purchase ledger payment runs.
- Posting cash received.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with audit preparations.
- General office duties including filing, photocopying, answering telephone calls.
- Arranging catering and meeting rooms for meetings.
- Assisting with booking travel and accommodation.
- Performing tasks as reasonably expected by management.
The successful candidate for this exciting role should possess the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a Higher Grade in Mathematics and English or equivalent qualification.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role.
- HNC accounting or equivalent would be desirable, but not necessary.
- Proven organisational, communication and customer service skills.
- Computer literate with specific skills in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent data recording, record keeping and administration skills with an eye for detail.
- Organisation, planning and time management skills with the ability to plan ahead.
- Be customer focussed with the ability to work to deadlines and deliver results.
This is an exciting role and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively within a small team.
- A desire to continually develop and improve.
- A determincation to succeed.
- Ability to process a high volume of planned and un-planned work effectively.
- Keen to learn and share knowledge with the whole team.
As well as being involved in an exciting and expanding company the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 14 December 2018
Salary: Attractive Salary and Benefits